Sunday, August 26, 2007
What a fun event! Thanks soo much to Janay @ Abstract Pretty for organizing the sale. Featuring the awesome tunes spun by DJLabeaubot and the culinary masterpieces of Personal Chefs (Brian Christie) @ www.personalchefskc.com .
There were Ten Esty.com sellers showing off their handmade goods. Featuring: shawnanonna.etsy.com
The space (Bella Dance Studio) was terrific! It made for a nice "intimate shopping party," as Janay said. It's really cool to meet some of the people behind all the wonderful creations on Etsy.com. Especially all the cool Kansas City based shops. So much talent! Hopefully, this will be the first of many selling events for the Kansas City based Etsy shops, and for the KC Etsy Street Team.
There was talk of future shows, especially one close to the holidays... and Alexia of babeeling had a great idea to order shipping supplies in bulk as a group, to cut down on the individual's costs for items such as boxes, bubble wrap, envelopes, gift boxes... thanks for that.
See you at the next sale!!!
Monday, August 20, 2007
Mark your calendars for this Friday!
Come and see what your talented local artists and crafters have to offer! The event is Friday, August 24th, from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Bella Dance Studio in Westport Center, Kansas City, Missouri. Several Kansas City Street Team members will be selling their locally made goodies.
(post added by KCEtsy member thefunkyfelter)
Thursday, August 2, 2007
Bella Veda Soap has your summer hair care covered with their natural Peppermint Silk Shampoo and Conditioner. This sulfate and paraben-free shampoo is a pleasure to use. Bella Veda uses peppermint, lavender and clove essential oils to create an invigorating shower experience and lovely, lightly-scented locks.
You want to keep your summer lips soft and kissable, but the sun, wind, and chlorinated pool water have taken their tole. No problem! Bella Veda has a wide selection of amazing lip balms that are all natural. We think the Lime and the Chocolate Mint sound especially yummy!
So the next time you are looking for summer skincare solutions, skip the drugstore and head straight to the bath and body sellers of the Kansas City Etsy Street Team! Not only will you be supporting local handcrafters, but you will be keeping your family safe from the harsh chemicals that many of the store brands contain. Your skin and hair will thank you for it!
AngelfireArtGlass has crafted this gorgeous wire wrapped floral ring from one of her own lampworked beads.
A master of capturing natural beauty, JaredKS brings spring flowers into perspective with this original fine art photograph.
Insects are an important part of every garden, and Aquakej is making sure we have our share.
The cicadas are back for the summer in this striking display
Do some gardening of your own with the artists of KC Etsy!
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
The KC Etsy team committee heads
• Kathleen (tinystitches) for the blog and membership.
• Shelli (MondeDesign) for meeting planning.
To contact KCEtsy, please scroll to the bottom of the page and fill out the contact form with your questions or comments.
KC Etsy Membership Requirements:
- You must be a seller on Etsy.com.
- Live in or near the Greater Kansas City area.
- You must be a member to use the kcetsyteam tag in your Etsy listings.
- Uploading photos to the flickr group is limited to 4 photos a day.
- You must agree to be an active member in the group as defined below.
Active membership is defined as, complying with no less than two of the following:
- Participate on our NING social network, through commenting in discussion threads on the forum.
- Attend at least one group planning meeting every year.
- Contribute something to the group in your area of expertise (ie: if you're a graphic designer, help design fliers or promo materials; a sales person could help get sponsors for our trunk show; advertising or marketing, promote the team and upcoming events, etc.).
- Help organize an event to benefit the team as a whole ... educational workshops, team shows, sale or promotional events or opportunities.
- Promote the KC Etsy team through blog posts, newspaper articles, advertising pieces, postcards, fliers, etc. to help increase visibility, online traffic and customers.
- To participate in team Trunk Shows you will be expected to help organize, promote or plan the event. Calls for specific upcoming event needs will be posted in our NING social network forums.
Are you a local Kansas City area Etsy seller who would like to be a part of our team?
In order to be an official KCEtsy member you must fill out the following information and submit it via our contact form at the bottom of the page (scroll all the way down!). Simply copy/paste the following into the "question or comment" section of our contact form. Then fill it in.
KCEtsy Membership Application:
Etsy Shop URL:
Blog or Website:
Birthday (not year):
Description of shop items:
What is your interest in our group?
What can you contribute to KC ETSY?
Please note that we only use information within the group for organization and communication purposes. You will be contacted within one week about your member application. Once accepted, you will be required to join our NING Social Network and participate there, as well as join or KCEtsy Flickr photo group.
As an official member of KC ETSY your shop will be linked via our website at kcetsy.blogspot.com and on our Etsy Team profile page. It may take a few weeks to update these pages after you have been accepted to KC Etsy. Ordinarily, updates are made once a month.