Saturday, March 1, 2008

Artist Spotlight - Cinderelish

By day, Kansas City pottery artisan Cindy, of Cinderelish, is a humble HR coordinator. But in her off-hours, you're likely to find this creative wife and mom at her potter's wheel. Her passion for making beautiful, functional stoneware began about eight years ago. "I have always loved art, but I thought I was too busy paying the bills to be able to be creative. After I got married, I was fortunate enough to be able to stay home with my daughter. When she was about 5 years old, I was able to devote one day a week to pottery. I was hooked!"

The rainbow is a source of inspiration for Cindy, as is evident from the bright and lovely colors she chooses for her pieces. "A nice creamy white stoneware is my favorite material to work with. I really love to make altered bowls with rolled rims." Her current projects include large platters and slabrolled trays. "I am trying new alteration methods and new surface decorations. I think I will always be working on something new."

Cindy's pottery creations are sold at the Liberty Heritage Festival, on First Fridays at the Shiraz Restaurant in KC March 7th with other KCEtsy Team Members, and in her Etsy shop. Stop by and check her out!

* Written by ajcountrycottage.

No comments: