Friday, August 7, 2009

Artist Spotlight - Honey Bear Beads

When she's not wearing her office manager's hat at her day job, or caring for her menagerie of dogs and fish, you're likely to find Kansas Citian Mary Bush hard at work with her favorite jewelry-making materials -- silver, copper, gemstones, and lampwork beads. "There are not enough hours in a day to satisfy my need to be creative," she quips. "I find it difficult to fit in everything I would like to do in a day's time!"


Drawing inspiration from architecture, flowers, and nature, Mary credits a friend for sparking her interest in creating jewelry several years ago. "We met online, and she would ask me what I thought of HER pieces. I was instantly hooked from the moment I started."


Mother of three and new grandmother, Mary is also a photography enthusiast and loves to garden. But her favorite aspect of creating is working on unique custom jewelry designs. "It's so fulfilling to work with someone on a piece and watch it come to life."


This versatile artisan has not only a passion for designing jewelry, but also enjoys creating her own lampwork glass beads and polymer clay pieces.


Mary's lovely and colorful accessories can be found in her Etsy shop - HoneyBearBeads.


*Written by AJ of ajscountrycottage.

1 comment:

Nonna Illustration & Design said...

Love the yellow jeweled bracelet at the top. Very elegant.